Roadblocks, they can be frustrating if you don’t pay attentions to the signs. There is a freeway under construction here in the Minneapolis area and the Minnesota Department of Transportation will post signs for road closures early in the week, to notify drivers the freeway will be closed on the weekend. Of course I see the sign every day, but fail to read it until I depart on the weekend and thus become annoyed and frustrated. These type of sensations are sure to stop your progress and delay the path towards success. The same can happen in your journey of life if you do not realize the roadblock signs.
Here are five roadblocks which can be block your progress.
- You do not having a clear vision or clarity of where your life is heading. A vision is a road map, which you create, which provides vision for the future. In the Michael Hyatt’s book entitled, Living Forward, this book offers readers a proven plan to stop drifting so they can get the life they want. With purposeful intention, you create a vision for your life, while it will require a four letter word called “WORK”.
- You feel yourself stuck in the “WHY ME” highway. I know I’ve used this phrase before on several occasions after an event would occur. One such event was when I failed to get into graduate school. I can recall saying this over. If you are on the “Why Me” highway, the only way to get off is to restate the question into something positive, like ‘Why Not Me?” This question will force your mind into responding positively.
- You wait for perfection. Once I have everything perfect I will start and then? Have you ever said this? One you make the choice to wait for perfection, this leads to procrastination and eventually what you want to do, just doesn’t get done. Remove the word “Someday” in your vocabulary given this word is waiting for perfection.
- You lack focus. Last month highlighted focus, so I trust you were able to review the topic blogs. When you lack focus, this leads to not getting what you want accomplished or a much delayed accomplishment. Every start a task and then jump in social media and then, BOOM you are traveling on the social media highway and the task you started somehow just gets lost? That can happen when you are not focused.
- You don’t write down your goals. I was one to think having goals in my head was good enough which simply isn’t good enough, if you want to accomplish the goals you desire. If you live your life on the “Wing it freeway”, you go wherever the highway takes you without regard to if you truly want to end up there. Written goals provide direction and a path to achieve. Here is a great article reinforcing why you should write down your goals.
Freeways at times will have closures and if you want to arrive at your destination, you need to know when the roadblocks will be and what you need to do, so you can reach success!